Thursday, February 22, 2007

Forever a Beautiful Song...

Once in a great while, a song comes along that steals your soul.

Well, this isn't one of those songs, but, in fact, the subject of the song is about stealing souls...with eyes...like cold black holes...forever sucking you in...until...

...nothing.

But first, I would like to draw your attention to the inspiration for this great sing-a-long song (so well choreographed by Vilas, the truest partner in crime one could have): Abba's "Angel Eyes."

Take a look, won't you?

Okay. So that's how you perform the song if you are a Swedish quartet with big blouses. Now, I would like to turn your attention to a much more melancholy version, from The Czars (I can't explain why I think this is a great song, period.)








Okay. It is with that muse that Vilas and I present you with...

SWATHI-EYES (the lyrics - although, if anyone can sing out there and would like to record yourself to be played by the billions that read this site, please feel free to step forward, cough, JD, cough):
Last night, I was walking along the Potomac,
When I saw her together with a young James.
And the look that they gave me made me shiver,
'Cause they used to look at everyone that way.
And I thought maybe I should run the hell away.
Ooh-oh-aye, dunno why the hell I stayed.

Look into her Swathi-Eyes
One look and you're hypnotized.
She'll steal your soul and you will pay the price.
Look into her Swathi-Eyes
You'll think scorpions are mice.
And one day you'll find out she wears a disguise.
Don't look too deep into those Swathi-Eyes.
Oh no no no no

Ooh-oh-aye, oh-aye
Ooh-oh-aye, oh-aye

Ooh-ooh-aye, keep thinking 'bout her Swathi-Eyes
I keep thinking, oh-aye.

Sometimes when she's not there, I sit and think about her,
And it haunts me to remember those cold eyes.
When I thought I could never see right through her
And I wonder does it have to be the same
Every time when she sees me, will she vaporize my brain?
Ooh-oh-aye, how can I forget St. Swames?

Look into her Swathi-Eyes
One look and you're paralyzed.
She'll steal your soul and you will pay the price.
Look into her Swathi-Eyes
You'll think scorpions are mice.
And one day you'll find out she wears a disguise.
Don't look too deep into those Swathi-Eyes.
Shaken by those Swathi-Eyes.
Swathi-Eyes
Once she stole my soul and now I pay the price.
Look into her Swathi-Eyes
You'll think scorpions are mice.
And one day you'll find out she wears a disguise.
Don't look too deep into those Swathi-Eyes.
Oh no no no no

Ooh-oh-aye, oh-aye
Ooh-oh-aye, oh-aye

Ooh-oh-aye, keep shaking, oh-aye
Keep shaking 'bout her Swathi-Eyes.
Ooh-oh-aye, keep shaking, oh-aye
Keep shaking, I had to pay the price.

There you have it, another CMB original masterpiece, without the original part, that is.

So, here's to Swathi, and hoping that I am not in her laser-guided sights anytime in the near future.
Oh, aye.

No comments: